Get inspired for a life full of adventure with these family travel quotes. Perfect for the adventurous family who bravely explores the outdoors together. Whether this is you or perhaps you aspire to get there…but haven’t quite ventured out on many family vacations, let these family travel sayings ignite your wanderlust side.
“Having kids is a reason to travel, never a reason to stop.”-unknown
It is never too late to begin and I promise you the quality time together will be worth any meltdown or that ever-popular and persistent question – “are we there yet??”
Keep reading to find the top favorite family travel quotes that will spark your family’s sense of wonder. Then learn how to incorporate these beautiful words into decor pieces around your home or to give as gifts.
One of the greatest decisions we ever made as a family was to begin having more adventures. During all of our trips together, I’ve loved coming home and making one of my custom hand-lettered map signs with a quote that resonated with our time together.
Whether or not you simply need a quote for Facebook, Instagram or you’re looking for a way to create a unique DIY project, here are some of our favorite sayings about travel.
What is a Good Family Quote?
A good family quote consists of love, experience and a bit of nostalgia. It makes you feel the moments you created together for years to come. It inspires you to keep exploring and taking those adventures you long for. When you find the wording that speaks to you, you just know. Sort of like a good song, when you hear it or see the words, it takes you back to that special time.
Why is Family Travel Important?
We only have 18 summers to spend with our children. Perhaps, this is not true and you have a kid that lives at home until they’re 25 but chances are you have 18 or less summers to go on those family adventures. When I hear this, it really puts into perspective just how precious our time together is.
So don’t hesitate to get out, explore the outdoors, take some time away from your usual routine and see new places. When we decided to purchase a travel trailer and explore together, our family life changed for the better! Quality family time is priceless and each trip is a journey that leads to new and exciting memories together.
What is the Best Travel Quote for Families?
There are SO many great quotes and sayings about travel and wanderlust to choose from. It’s almost a little daunting if you are trying to pick just one saying. How do you narrow it down and pick the best one? While the decision is ultimately up to you and what speaks to your family. The most popular travel quote I have seen used is the wording “We haven’t been everywhere but it’s on our list.”
This saying has it all – it inspires, ignites your adventurous side and helps you remember all the places you have been (and those you’ve yet to go). It’s the perfect quote to use when you are wanting to create a push pin map to track those travel adventures or cross those destinations off your bucket list.
Whether you are filling your passports or setting off onto the open road, here are more of my favorite family travel quotes to inspire your adventures.
Road Trip Family Adventure Quotes:
- “Let’s go on an Adventure“
- “The only trip you will regret is the one you didn’t take”
- “Always Take The Scenic Route“
- “Say Yes to New Adventures”
- “Find Joy in the Journey”
- “Excuses will always be there for you. Opportunity won’t.”
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
- “Adventure Awaits”
- “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures” – Lewis Carrol
- “Memories made together last a lifetime”
- “Let the Adventure Begin“
- “Kids don’t remember their best day of television”
- “Life is an adventure, best traveled together”
- “Not all classrooms have four walls” (great for homeschooling / RVing families)
- “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion” – Leigh Hunt
- “Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
- “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Let’s wander where the wifi is weak”
- “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take” – Angela N. Blount
- “Let the adventure begin”
- “Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings” – Hodding Carter
World-Wide Family Travel Sayings:
- “We Haven’t Been Everywhere But It’s On Our List” – Susan Sontag
- “We Have Nothing to Lose and a World to See”
- “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” – Dr. Seuss
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire” – Jennifer Lee
- “The world is your playground” (Great quote idea for a playroom. Track your adventures and remember where you’ve been)
- “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures” – Lovelle Drachman
- “Collect moments not things”
- “Travel is not reward for working, it’s education for living” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller” – Ibn Battuta
- “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us”
- “Wander Often, Wonder Always”
- “There is no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this”
- “Don’t just tell your children about the world. Show them.”
- “Having kids is a reason to travel, never a reason to stop.”
- “You will never look back in your life and think, I spent too much time with my kids.” – Kimberly Mcleod
- “To travel is to live”
- “If we want our children to move mountains, we first have to let them get out of their chairs.” – Nicolette Sowder
- “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
Newlywed + New Baby Family Travel Wording:
- “Oh darling, let’s be adventurers.”
- “Love is the greatest adventure”
- “Our adventure begins”
- “You keep me safe, I’ll keep you wild”
- “Home is wherever I’m with you”
- “I’ll love you to the ends of the earth”
- “You are my home and my adventure all at once”
- “You are my world”
- “You are our greatest adventure” (great for a baby shower / nursery room)
- “Kid, you’ll move mountains” – Dr. Seuss
- “Dream higher than the sky & deeper than the ocean”
How to Display Travel Quotes
Family travel quotes are not only fun to read, but if they are displayed throughout your home, they can make a beautiful reminder of the memories made together. Here are some fun and unique ways to display your travel quotes in your home.
Unique ways to add travel sayings throughout your home
- hand lettered map with your favorite saying. Add your family name and established date for an extra personalized touch.
- World globe ornaments or a globe with your family travel quote. If you are personalizing a globe ornament, think about lettering the year with each destination you traveled to that year onto a world globe ornament. This makes such a great gift for grads, teachers or any family that enjoys adventures. Each year that you put the ornaments on your tree, you will think of all the travels and memories made.
- Modge Podge (affiliate link) a map with your favorite hand lettered quote – onto wood, a table top, or above the door in your RV (as shown in the below photo, using a hand lettered map by Mia Nicole Design Co.) . I love these USA maps for showing all your road trip travels.
- Hand lettered prints. Prints can be a more affordable option for those who like to DIY or need a quick gift. Display beautifully lettered quotes on your vision board, adventure bucket lists or easily frame in your home/travel trailer.
- Shirts, decals / stickers and coffee mugs – put your favorite travel quotes on all your favorite items. You can purchase hand lettered sayings from your favorite designers and lettering artists on ETSY or check with them online to see if you can purchase a custom file from them. Often, when kept for personal use only, these files can be fairly inexpensive. Use the file to print, cut with a Cricut / Silhouette machine or by hand to make a variety of fun projects
Do you love DIY and want to give lettering a try? Grab your FREE hand lettering 101 mini workbook + a bonus alphabet practice sheet here. Then, go checkout my latest blog posts: The Beginners Guide to Lettering Practice Sheets and The Top 10 Hand-Lettering Supplies.
Let the adventures begin!
Now you have a variety of ideas for family travel quotes and how to use these sayings to create unique one-of-a-kind decor in your home. As you look over this list, jot down your favorites and let me know if you think of any that I missed. Then, get out there and make some adventures with your family!
To learn more about our family’s adventures with our big Montana move – check out my blog post Leaving Our Comfort Zone for Wide Open Spaces.